Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thinking: The Most Important Thing !

       If there is one thing that I think is absolutely a must in the times that we live is thinking about our thinking. Why do I do the things I do? Why do I think the way I do?Can I change and discard some of the habits that have gotten in the way of me growing to maturity as an individual? Can I learn new skills for the coming breakdown and collapse of society?
     On the average, many people absolutely do not take the time to stop and think before they act. I know, I've been there and done that. I believe there are two things that have changed me in the area of thinking. One, thanks to my wife, is understanding our personal finances at a young age. You see, we were married at twenty and had to watch our dollars because we wanted a home for our children. I would say I learned the importance of self-sacrifice before our children were born and it continues on to this day.Another is completing my Bachelor's Degree. This time of training to become an Elementary School Teacher gave me ample opportunity to reflect and think about my experiences. Again, Thinking about my thinking became habitual.
      One area where people fall down when thinking about how they think are decisions based on emotion, rather than rational thinking.The all too familiar subconscious thinking goes, I want what I want and I want it now! Damn the torpedoes, straight ahead!
     A key word is habit. You must take the time to make thinking about your thinking a habit, so when anything happens whether it be a personal emergency or collapse of society, you will be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment