Sunday, August 2, 2009

Freedom in America

Freedom in America

So, proceed we must on a perilous journey. A journey that our Founding Fathers traveled that was laced with what might have seemed to them to be insurmountable challenges. However, they took up the gauntlet of challenge and proceeded to hammer out a pair of documents, (The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution) that are the solid foundation our United States are resting on.
The question for me is, as an American, "Where do we start to address the issues that threaten our freedoms?" I was puzzled and unsure where to begin. So, I simply asked a friend, "Where do I start?" He told me, "start from the start!" So, I will start from the point I believe our great nation started from-The landing of the Pilgrims on Plymouth Rock.
You see, I had relatives that came over on the Mayflower as well as being signers of the Mayflower Compact. You may ask, "What was their intent in coming to the shores where Plymouth Rock rested. One need only examine the original Mayflower Compact to discover the desire of their intent. Their intent was the advancement of the Christian faith. You might even say that this was the birth document of the first constitution of the United States.

To be continued. . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment