Thursday, September 1, 2016

Mixed Feelings

    I wonder if your having a wealth of mixed feelings as I am. I have been out of the institutional church for quite a number of years. Could it be at least ten? Truth be told, I just don't remember. Well, that's beside the point.
     I feel like I've been in the wilderness forever. Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up my faith in God and my Savior Jesus Christ and all that that entails. All I've given up is the ceremonial rituals and the sermonizing.
     I still, at times, meet with other believers for Bible study and enjoy that fellowship even though they are from, mainly, institutional churches. I do care about those who attend, but there is this feeling of not really being connected. If I were to bring up the notion of not going to the church building and meeting in our home as New Testament believers did, I think that they would look at me like I was an alien from another planet. Actually, I am confident in saying that it would not even get this far.
     So, what I'm asking is that I can make connections with other believers who are feeling like they are in the same boat. It's my desire to develop a spiritual community that is centered on the truth of the Bible.
     Please, let me assure you from the onset that I do not have an ax to grind with those in the institutional body of believers, I just see a better way after reading numerous books and research about meeting in the home

No comments:

Post a Comment